Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bells Palsy

It all started on Monday, when she got home from babysitting. She was complaining about her eye. She said she got a cat hair in it and kept rubbing it. I told her to stop rubbing it. Fast forward to Wednesday. Christina drinks from a soda can and the soda comes out of her mouth. She uses a straw and the darn soda won't stay in her mouth.....it trinkles out. I asked her to look at me and smile and I see a serious problem. Her right side of the lip won't move. Its pretty much numb!!! Then her eye had gotten worse over the last few days. I call and make an appointment with our Dr. So we go and the Dr. said its Bells Palsy. If your not sure what B.P. is it is a condition that paralyzes part of your face. The Doc asks us if she has had any trauma to her lately and we said no. We haven't gone anywhere...we've been home swimming. She said its temporary paralyzes and that she'll refer us to a neurologist. This has been a scary year for us as far as the kids health. First Joseph with his lump in his neck now Christina with this. AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! She didn't want to fully smile in this picture because she doesn't like the way her lip moves. Poor little mama! She'll be fine.
So Keira [my 5 1/2 mth. old niece] and the gang showed up. The gang consist of Isela [my older sis], Jonas [her hubby], and Cindy [little sis]. We swam and I cooked some yummy food. They loved it!!! Here is Keira after we went for a dip in the pool.
She quickly feel asleep in my arms outside. We came in and I set her down on my sofa. Look how small she looks all wrapped up!!! Today we had our good friends Ted & Lisa [from Ca] come over for a swim. Ted's brother lives here in town. They might be moving down here which would be so awesome. My brother-in-law and 2 nephews are due to arrive shortly too! Our little buddy Rennen will also be joining us for some red, white, and blue fun!!! It'll be a fun filled weekend with family and friends. Have a safe 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

Claire Marie said...

Poor Christina! We have a friend who had bells palsy. Not too much fun! At least it isn't permanent. Happy 4th of July!!

mel4christ said...

Yes! She will be fine. My dad had it when I was 16. The pictures of my sweet 16 hold the memory of that temporary phase. It is so crazy to just wake up like that but yes it does go away. Poor baby, I will pray for her and that it will pass quickly and that no one will make her feel bad about it.