Sunday, March 2, 2008

R.I.P. Abuelita

[Grandpa, me, and Grandma in 1989]
Isela [my sis] called me Thursday at 5:30 p.m. to tell me my sweet abuelita [grandmother] passed away. She was 95. I am so sad. She had a stroke in 2001 and from then on, I was kind of preparing myself for the worse. I guess you can never prepare yourself for the death of a family member. Its always a shock regardless of them being sick or healthy. She was really sick the last few months. I know she is walking again and dancing in heaven with my abuelito. Its never good-bye.....its see you later!
This was the sweetest thing I had ever seen. Back in December, we were celebrating my sisters baby shower. My grandma hated to travel more and more as she got older. Even if it was down the street. Well my aunt drove her an hour to be at the shower. I was looking for Vinny at one point, so I walked into the office and found him sitting on her wheelchair with a guitar. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I am singing grandma a lullaby." It was so sweet I grabbed my camera and snapped one of the best pictures ever! Before my sister called me, the day had begun on a bad note. I got pulled over for the 2nd time in less than 3 months. This time I wasn't so lucky. I got written up for 2 citations. One for speeding [I was going 57 on a 35] and the second for having an expired insurance card. I do have insurance but hadn't put the new card in my wallet. So the ticket was written up for $889!!! I almost pooped my pants...I went home, found the new insurance cards, and put them in my wallet. I will then just pay 157 for the speeding ticket because I have proof that I had insurance at the time of my citation. So if any of you decide to come visit me in Pahrump, please pay close attention to the speed limit! Gabriel also got a ticket [in the rental care] the day he flew out here to sign the loan docs. for our house. My neighbor has had 3 tickets in 4 months.

1 comment:

Claire Marie said...

You have the SWEETEST little boys! That picture will be cherished forever I am sure. Bless you my friend with safe travels and a peaceful heart. I will be home soon and we will go get coffee. Love to your family from ours.

Claire