Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Marathon Man!

I want to dedicate this post to my dad who finished the L.A. Marathon on Sunday. Your probably thinking "Wait a minute...that looks like Santa." On Christmas Day, he wanted to surprise the kids and come dressed up as Santa Claus. This was his 2nd year running! Believe it or not, I ran Cross Country in High School. I might of been the slowest runner on the team but I sure gave it my all. So 10 years later I have the urge to start running again. I'd love to do a marathon but I have to get in good shape to do that. I have plans to join the gym in August because that's when Crissy will start 7th, Vinny starts Kindergarten, and Joey starts pre-school. So my butt will be in the gym M-F [I think] like the good old days.
I just think if a 54-year old man, who smoked part of his life and drinks 10 Coca-Colas a day, could run 26.2 miles, then so could I. Congrats Dad!

No comments: